ESDOLL Company recently launched a marketing campaign targeting the Chinese market to encourage the use of love dolls among senior citizens. The campaign aims to eliminate the stigma around senior citizens enjoying sexual pleasure and to promote a healthy sex life. Senior citizens who purchase sex doll toys with their identification cards are entitled to a minimum of 20% discount.
The marketing campaign hopes to overturn the assumption of traditional society that senior citizens over 65 lead a dull life. The Love doll shop product catalog also includes sex education content from well-known sexologists.
The campaign is being promoted through TikTok live broadcasts, targeted 30-second video advertisements, and print ads in retirement lifestyle sections of newspapers.
Since the start of the campaign, ESDOLL has reported the following results:
- Website visits from users over 65 years of age increased by 15%
- Transaction volume from users over 65 years of age increased by 20%
- Transaction amounts from users over 65 years of age increased by 35%
ESDOLL also conducted a survey of 100 Chinese senior citizens (over 60 years of age) and found that one-third (33%) of those over 60 are already accustomed to using or discussing love dolls. More than half (53% of women over 60 and 55% of men over 60) believe that lifelike love dolls help to increase the pleasure of sexual activities in their later years.
- One-third of those over 60 feel comfortable using or discussing love dolls, while two-thirds feel embarrassed.
- More than half (53% of women over 60 and 55% of men over 60) believe that realistic love dolls help to increase the pleasure of sexual activities in their later years.
- About half of those surveyed have increased their confidence in sexual pleasure as they age.
- 59% of those surveyed said they would consider purchasing a love doll in the future if necessary.
- 78% of those over 60 believe that the biggest problem with regard to sexual pleasure and aging is that senior citizens are not interested in having sex.
A sexual health expert from a public welfare organization said, “In this age of advocating healthy sexual pleasure, the enjoyment of sexual pleasure by senior citizens is still a taboo. In mainstream health and popular culture, those over 60 are severely underrepresented in sexual pleasure.”
ESDOLL staff said, “Our goal has always been to help people of all ages embrace and explore the pleasures of their bodies, regardless of their gender or age.”
John, the campaign’s executor, said, “We are extremely proud of this campaign. How could you not love an activity that brings heartfelt smiles to people’s faces?” ESDOLL will continue to promote and develop sex dolls, from rubber to silicone and TPE, to AI and robotic sex dolls. This is the history and future of sex dolls! Looking back on the development of life-size sex dolls over the years, the sex doll industry has witnessed a series of developments that have been helpful in enhancing growth experiences. Human-sized sex dolls are no longer just inflatable plastic dolls and have been considered taboo for a long time. However, with the continued development of the industry, we can now have stunning TPE and silicone sex dolls, and as more and more people continue to learn about and appreciate these sex dolls, they are no longer taboo.
Considering the development speed of the sex doll industry, the future is promising!