The sex robot is here, which is not a gimmick in science fiction. Although the artificial intelligence sex robots in movies such as “Machine Ji” and “Artificial Intelligence” have not yet appeared, it is only a matter of time.
Most sex robots nowadays are just sex dolls with mechanical functions. The editor once mentioned “Samantha”, it was designed not only about emotions, it can also talk about science and philosophy, and even tell jokes. If you treat it badly, or if it doesn’t like your behavior, it will enter sleep mode. At present, their average price has reached 10,000 US dollars.
The question here is not whether they will appear or how they will progress. The question here involves psychological and social influence. Like any technology, the development of things always has a long list of advantages and disadvantages to consider.
Many experts have expressed their views, and they are roughly similar. On the one hand, they feel that this is just a doll-the sex robot is just a very advanced doll. On the other hand, they worry about concretizing the sex robot and developing an emotional attachment to it. No one can give a clear answer as to whether this behavior is right or wrong. Everyone has put forward some opinions for and against the sex robot.
Pros of sex robots
- Sex robots help improve personal well-being, including providing companionship and perhaps emotional comfort to those who do not have a partner. With sufficiently advanced forms of artificial intelligence, people can establish a potentially satisfying relationship with robot companions.
- Experts who support the use of sex robots argue that sex robots are friendly. It will release mental frustrations for those who would otherwise vent themselves by harassing or assaulting others in public, or it is a good tool to learn and gain interpersonal relationships. Relationship experience.
- In fact, this may be just an interesting supplement for individuals and partners. In many cases, social interaction is seen as a natural development for those who champion the technology.
Cons of sex robots
- Experts who opposed the integration of sex robots into society quickly pointed out the problems that this new technology might bring. First of all, there is an ethical question for partnerships, that is, whether an intimate relationship with artificial intelligence is an act of infidelity.
- In many arguments against sex robots, morality has played a role. Some people believe that in the eyes of some people, sex robots are further advancing the notion of objectifying humans. In addition, they feel that a person with harassment or violence tends to use robots in future negative behaviors as a driving force, which is why many people worry about producing sex robots.
- In general, people worry that robot companions will lead to a decrease in human compassion. There is a concern that misplaced emotional connections will have negative psychological consequences for vulnerable people. Finally, some experts worry that when a person changes from communicating with robots to communicating with people, sex robots will bring unrealistic expectations.
How do the experts explain
So far, research on public attitudes towards sex robots is far from saturated. Scientists avoid this topic for some reasons. Some think it is a novel discussion, and some think it is too embarrassing to use it as research.
It has to be said that this topic does have moral, psychological and social relevance and is worthy of serious study. As far as the status quo is concerned, there are wide and recognized gaps in current research.
In a recent study, participants generally think that communicating with robots is easier and easier to accept than communicating with humans. Women are less willing to accept sex robots than men. The older generation thinks that intimate contact with robots is not as good as a thousand. The new generation is suitable.
Of course, the introduction of sex robots has changed the face of human interaction and intimacy, but how to change and to what extent is an unsolved mystery, which is the responsibility of researchers.
What is its social psychology meaning? Can a robot companion truly replace the human experience? What kind of latest development will sex robots be considered? Does this industry need regulation? If so, who would provide such oversight impartially?
In a world running for money, there will always be pSex Roboteople who are willing to provide anything for a dollar. We must ask these questions, put forward hypotheses, and prepare for science fiction to turn to the real social world.